The A-6 Seed tray adds value to your bird feeder.
Adding a seed try to a bird feeder helps to get the most out of feeding wild birds. The 7.5 in. A-6 seed tray saves spilled seed, while also helping to attract a larger variety of birds. Adding a seed tray turns a tubular bird feeder into a platform feeder that will attract more species, like ground feeding birds. Its UV stabilized polycarbonate construction is dependably durable. The tray attaches with the included threaded black plug – no tools needed! This tray fits Droll Yankees’ Classic, New Generation, Ring Pull, and Bird Lovers feeders.
- 7.5″ Platform attracts a wide variety of birds, including ground feeders like Cardinals
- Catches spilled seed and saves money!
- Fits Droll Yankees’ Classic, New Generation, Ring Pull, and Bird Lovers feeders
- No tools needed – connect the A-6 Seed Tray to the feeder base with the included threaded black plug
- UV stabilized polycarbonate to protect against the sun’s damaging rays
- To add suet or another feeder beneath, attach a Suet Link to the tray
- To pole-mount, attach a Pole Adapter to the A-6 Seed Tray and insert the adapter stem into a 1″ diameter pole
- Substitute a Wing Nut for the threaded black plug for easier tray removal
The A-6 Seed Tray Saves money by catching spilled seed.
Attaching the A-6 seed tray to your bird feeder will save money by catching spilled seed and also attract a wider variety of feeder birds. Seed trays act as a platform and offer the sure footing that ground feeding birds, like Cardinals, prefer. These birds will be more likely to linger at a feeder for longer when they have a secure place to perch, affording great bird watching opportunities. By catching spilled seed, the A-6 Seed Tray will also reduce waste from discarded, uneaten seed and prevent accumulation that could attract unwanted pests.
Feeding wild birds is one of the best ways to impact the world around you. The simple act of putting out a bird feeder and keeping it clean and full can greatly improve the chances that birds and their offspring will survive. Many backyard bird watchers believe that birds only benefit from feeders during certain times of the year. However, birds actually have a year-round need for reliable, steady food sources.
Please! For the sake of the birds, keep your feeder clean! Dirty feeders spread disease. Soak all parts in a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water. Use a Droll Yankees Bird Feeder Brush to brush away grime inside the tube.
|Dimensions||8 x 8 x 1 in|
Attaches to base of feeder