Feed for growing horses
Evolution Juvenile is a low glycemic, multiparticle feed (contains pelleted and extruded components) to meet the unique needs ofgrowing horses. Evolution Juvenile utilizes the latest research on the requirements vital to stimulate sound and balanced growth. Formulated with proven quality ingredients and manufactured exclusively by Cargill in a specialized drug‑free facility.
Evolution Juvenile is recommended for weanlings, yearlings and two-year olds. Feed in conjunction with water and a minimum of 1% body weight (on a dry matter basis) of a long stemmed forage (hay/pasture). Feed according to the following table, whereby the lower quantity meets minimum vitamin and mineral requirements and the higher quantity meets Purina Superior Recommendations. Ideally, feed enough to achieve desired body condition, and for every kilogram under the Purina Superior recommendation, provide 300 grams of Purina Optimal (35720). Depending on hay analysis, Equilizer (35710) may be better suited as the optional top-dress supplement.
Daily amount of Evolution Juvenile
kg / 100 kg of Body Weight
|4 to 6 months||0.95||1.11|
|7 to 24 months||0.75||1.11|
- Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- Purina recommends providing a maximum of 0.5% of body weight of this feed at one time.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Purina Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with disease and sanitation control measures. If there are any questions, contact your veterinarian, Purina dealer or Purina sales consultant.
Directions for use must be carefully followed.
Feed is perishable. Store in a dry, well‑ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect‑infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, abortion or death.
|Vitamin A||11300 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin D3||2330 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin E||275 I.U./kg|
|Fibre||Soya Hulls, Beet Pulp, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal|
|Protein/Amino Acids||DL-Methionine, Soya Bean Meal, L-Lysine, L-Threonine|
|Starch||Extruded Corn, Ground Wheat|
|Fat||Flaxseed, Soya Oil|
|Prebiotic||Yeast, Yeast cell wall|
|Probiotic||Mixture of Live Bacteria|
|Vitamins||Choline Chloride, Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Niacin, Thiamine, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid|
|Minerals||Salt (Sodium Chloride), Calcium Carbonate, Mono Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Iodate, Copper Sulphate, Ferrous Sulphate, Manganese Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Organic Copper, Organic Manganese, Organic Zinc, Organic Selenium, Ferric Oxide, Cobalt Carbonate|
|Multi- Attributes||Wheat shorts|
*Ingredients are not in order of their inclusion rate.